Translate

Donate to EOS

We aim to build a network of experimental sustainable communities to demonstrate that we do have a sustainable alternative to our current socioeconomic system. Want to help us build for a sustainable future? Please donate what you can:
Thanks!

Thursday 25 February 2010

Lecturing at Umeå University

Some months ago I revived an invitation to speak at Umeå University of the subject of "Alternative Socioeconomics" from UpF (a student political interest group). I thought it very nice to get such an invite :)

The lecture talked about why we need to look at alternative socioeconomics (looking at exponential growth) then went on to resent EOS and The Venus Project as two alternatives. I then looked at implementation plans. At then end I left space for questions and answers and the student bombarded me with quite a few of them!

I did the lecture last week and it went well even if it was not my best performance (I had a cold at the time). I received an email yesterday saying that it sparked quite a bit of discussion!

I hope I will get the opportunity to do more lectures, perhaps at other Universities?

ui

No comments:

Post a Comment